Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inside My Life

   I guess most people start their blog by telling the world who they are, where they are from, and why they are writing a blog. Well I'm weird and didn't do that, so here goes. My name is Jacob Smith. I am from a tiny town in Alabama, called Oneonta, and I'm a journalism major at Jacksonville State University.
   I guess my main reason for writing a blog is to get the piles of nonsense, and the few good thoughts out of my head, and onto paper (so to speak). I decided to be a journalism major simply because of the way I relate to certain things I've read in my life, and how a simple story, book, or speech stays with me for what I believe to be a longer period of time than it does with most people.
   I want to be great. Not just at journalism, but at life. At being a son, a brother, a cousin, a nephew, a friend, and God willing one day a husband and father. My motivation to be great mainly comes from negative things. Things like past failures, heartbreaks, tears, and the moments in which I have felt the lowest. I have a motivation to be great for myself, but also for the people that God has surrounded me with. My guess is that there are people in the world that would tell me that my craving to be great is unhealthy, and that to strive to high, is to set yourself up for failure. I would also guess that those people will never be as great as they could be.
   I have an extremely close relationship with my family, and a certain number of other people. I don't know if the people who play the biggest roles in my life know exactly what they mean to me, and the extent to which my love for them goes.
   The main thing I try to do everyday is to smile, and make sure that the people around me are smiling. There is enough negativity in the world without me adding to it.
   So with that said, this is my blog. There is no telling what will be included in it, and I'll probably be just as suprised at what comes to my head as anyone else. So if you like what I write, cool... If not, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment