Saturday, June 25, 2011

Have A Little Faith

So, I havent written anything in a while, and I would like to say it's because I've been too busy doing grand things, and now I'm here to talk about them. I haven't and I'm not. I have just not had any inspiration to write lately. But today, I had a conversation with my mother about why things happen the way they do, and the impacts of positives and negatives in our lives. I was reminded of a quote from a book I read a while back called Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. It says,
      
"...the same things in life can be good or evil, depending on what, with free will, we do with them. Speech can bless or curse. Money can save or destroy. Science can heal or kill. Even nature can work for you or against you: fire can warm or burn; water can sustain life or flood it away. But nowhere in the story of Creation, do we read the word 'bad'. God did not create bad things. He leaves it to us." It goes on to ask why God doesn't see us about to partake in the negative, and jump in and eliminate that from our choice. It says, "... we were created with a piece of divinity inside us, but with this thing called free will, and I think God watches us every day, lovingly, praying we will make the right choice."

I dont know that a quote has ever set with me like this one has. It has been over a year since I have read the book, but this part seems to have rooted itself into a deeper part of me than most things do. I guess I feel like this ties in with what my mother has always said about negative things making us stronger. So instead of seeing things that are 'negative' we should probably see everything as 'positive' in some way. I feel like we should sometimes just stop, step back and thank God for all of the so-called 'negative' things in life. You know, the heartbreaks, the struggles... and realize that these are the things that God puts in front of us, to help mold us into the people we need to be. It just helps to take them in stride, and know that without the rain, we wouldn't appreciate the sunshine.

God is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment